Weekend Project – D.I.Y Herb Jars!
If like me, your looking for a D.I.Y project to start this weekend, may i suggest creating your own D.I.Y herb jars? Stylish and functional, this idea is perfect for inspiring weekend cooking! You can impress your dinner party guests with your own indoor herb garden display! It is really easy to assemble, and you can also feel good about up – cycling ‘ rubbish’ to create a beautiful personal garden!
To get started you will need the following materials
- old wooden board (I suggest looking around tip shops if you don’t have anything lying around at home!)
- Glass jars ( re use old jam jars and olive jars!)
- pipe clamps ( ask your local hardware store!)
- triangle ring hangers ( ask your localhardware store!)
- stainless hanging wire ( ask your local hardware store!)
- picture hanger
- chalkboard paint & chalk
- hammer, nails and screwdriver
- Space jars evenly on wooden board, and mark placement with a pencil in order to design and me sure around.
- Tape off rectangles on board, and paint with chalkboard paint as pictured above. This way, you can switch out herbs and change their labels accordingly.
- Secure pipe clamps to wooden board by hammering a nail through the small holes in the pipe clamp.
- On back of board, nail in ring hangers and tie on hanging wire.
- Plant herbs in jars.
- Place jars into pipe clamps and tighten with a screwdriver.
- Nail picture hanger into the wall, and hang your herb display!
All images courtesy of Camille Styles